And the winner is....

...Romania!  On Sunday I leave home to go to Iasi (I was told to pronounce it: Yaa-sh), Romania!  It'll be quite a trip to get there, I think.  I'll spend a few days in Anchorage doing my supply shopping and seeing my sister.  Then on Tuesday, in the wee hours of the morning, I'll board my first flight of the trip!  I'm excited because I'll get to visit new airports this time (Amsterdam on the way there and Paris on the way home).  If everything goes as planned I should be in Iasi on the night of the 26th.  

In Iasi I'll be working for the ILP program again but this time it'll be a little different.  We won't just be working in a school, we'll also be working in an orphanage and children's hospital.  This will be a completely new experience for me and, I believe, for the whole group (12 of us crazy young'uns).  

(Photo credit: Larissa Beck)

I'm hoping that there will be lots of travels to update you on as ILP has opened up their "approved"list to include all of the European Union (Yay!)!  

This is all the info I have for now but I'll work on posting a few times while I'm away.  Keep an eye out for updates and if you have suggestions for things to do in Romania please let me know!

Travel mindfully! :)



Comments

Popular Posts